How many pixels in an A5 leaflet for printing Flyers?
For high quality printing flyers, one would usually use 300 dpi (dots per inch) which would be 1748 x 2480 pixels.
The size of A5 is 148 × 210 millimeters or 5.83 × 8.27 inches. In PostScript that would be 420 × 595 points.
The different kinds of printing process used for printing flyers:
- Litho printing process
- Ink printing, and number of colours used
- Offset lithography. Offset printing is the least expensive printing process when creating top quality prints in massive industrial volumes
- Screen printing
Letterpress, offset lithography, and screen printing dominat the print techniques, the following questions will lead you to the method for the most suitable process for printing flyers project:
- Length of printing time: How many print copies are needed?
- Deadline: When is the cutoff date?
- Size: How small or large is the text or image that must be printed?
- Subject: Why must the project be printed?
- Design: What must be printed?
- After-print requirements: What additional tasks related to the project must be completed after the actual printing?
- Availability: Which printing tools are available?
- Budget: Which technique can cover the project’s expense?
Once these questions are answered, it will be easier to figure out which printing technique works best for a specific project.
Important points when considering designing and printing flyers.
- Quotes are time bound, so please ensure you know when the quote date expires to prevent confusion.
- Information on the flyers needs to include your contact details
- Wording should be clear as hte more fancy the font, the more difficult it is to read.
- Make the message of what products you are advertising or selling is clear
- Images need to be in high definition for effective printing.
Process of ordering flyers for advertising your business or function:
* Once you have the design, send through the design in high resolution to the printer for a quote. Images need to be PDF or jpeg
* On acceptance of the quote, you will be required to put down a 50 % deposit
* Digital prints are completed between 2-3 working days, depending on the queue of printing scheduled
* Litho printing takes between 10 – 15 working days.
* On the pickup. Full payment is needed for release of the printed flyers.
* The standard size of advertising flyers, is A5 and gloss paper. Designs can be created by the printing company at an extra cost should you not have the option of creating a design.
Choosing colours for designing and printing your flyer
For printing flyers in Johannesburg, contact Fourways Minutemanpress for quotes
Printing wedding invitations
How to create printers marks